Marine Renewables Canada is recognized as the country’s lead wave, tidal, offshore wind and hydrokinetic energy association representing domestic and international technology and project developers, utilities, researchers, and the energy and marine supply chain. Since 2004, Marine Renewables Canada (formerly OREG) has worked to advance the development of the marine renewable energy industry by identifying and fostering collaborative opportunities, providing information and outreach, and representing the best interests of the sector.
A Canadian sustainable marine renewable energy sector, serving domestic and export power needs and providing projects, technologies and expertise in a global market.
Our Mission & Objectives
Marine Renewables Canada aligns industry, academia and government to ensure that Canada is a leader in providing marine renewable energy solutions to a world market. To accomplish this mission, our association works to:
- Promote development of Canadian marine renewable energy industry that will benefit generations of Canadians.
- Foster communication and collaboration between members, industry, academia, government, and the public.
- Create a focus on innovation opportunities that can result in technology, expertise, and services for world markets.
- Develop competitive intelligence and appropriate strategic relationships
- Provide education, outreach, engagement and an understanding of marine renewable energy activities and the economic, environmental, and social benefits they present.
- Support members and industry by increasing exposure for Canadian companies in the world and identifying business development opportunities.