Are you chronically curious and always wanting to learn new things?
Are you passionate about the environment, “green”, renewable energy, and contributing in a positive way?
Do you thrive on efficiency, effectiveness, and the opportunity to hit the “I’ve done this!” button?
We are currently recruiting an Operations Manager to join our team.
Who is FORCE?
- We are Canada’s lead research facility for tidal stream technology!
- Our science is interesting, our jobs are interesting, and the people and communities we work with and in are interesting!
- We have a tough-to-beat total compensation package, including a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, plenty of paid time-off, and solid work-life balance.
- We are affecting real world change and having fun while we do it!
- We are FORCE, and our resource is our people!
Who are you?
- You have your MBA, master’s degree in a business-related discipline, an undergraduate business degree, or some other relevant combination of education and experience. Yes, you are accomplished but still you want to learn more every day.
- You have minimally three years’ solid experience in operations management; possibly in a clean tech, marine, scientific, or similar environment; and, experience in the not-for-profit sector would also be an asset.
- You have experience in project management; financials and accounting oversight as well as purchasing and budgeting; event planning and coordination; supervision and human resources management practices.
- You have experience with grant and proposal writing.
- You know the ins and outs of public relations, communications and social media; marketing and branding; and relationship management.
- You’re a natural leader; a solid communicator; detail oriented; able to manage time; able to coach, lead, and build a team!
This position will be based in Halifax, NS. The Operations Manager will work in the Dartmouth office, but will be required to travel periodically to the FORCE test site in Parrsboro, NS and beyond. The Operations Manager is responsible for operational oversight, stakeholder and community engagement, financials, and some business development.
We value diversity and inclusion at FORCE. We actively encourage applications from members of communities with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to: Mi’kmaq and other Indigenous peoples; African Nova Scotians and members of communities that commonly experience discrimination due to race, ancestry, colour, or place of origin; persons with visible and/or invisible (physical and/or mental) disabilities; persons who identify as women; and persons of marginalized sexual orientations, gender identities, and gender expressions. If you are a member of an equity group, you are encouraged to self-identify, on your application form, cover letter, or on your resume.
If this sounds like you, send us an email no later than Monday, March 13 at email@example.com, to the ATTN of Lindsay Bennett. We’d love to hear from you!